ADA Accessibility Guidelines
- Federal guidelines for accessibility to places of public accommodation and commercial facilities by individuals with disabilities as specified by the American Disabilities Act. Made available though the US Department of Justice Americans Disabilities Act ADA website
Note: This site is for reference purposes only. PA Act 45 references the ICC/ANSI A117.1-1998 Standards for all accessibility requirements.
- The International Code Council
established as a nonprofit organization dedicated to developing a single set of comprehensive and coordinated national model construction codes. The founders of the ICC are the:
- Building Officials and Code Administrators International, Inc.
- International Conference of Building Officials
- Southern Building Code Congress International, Inc.
- Since the early part of the last century, these nonprofit organizations developed the three separate sets of model codes used throughout the United States. Although regional code development has been effective and responsive to our country’s needs, the time came for a single set of codes. The nation’s three model code groups responded by creating the International Code Council and by developing codes without regional limitations.
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency
. FEMA administers the National Flood Insurance Program
Printed and Digital flood maps are available through their website.
||The Pennsylvania Builders Association (PBA) is a nonprofit, statewide trade association chartered in 1952. Affiliated with the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and a network of 41 local associations throughout the state.|
||PA One Call - Call Three Working Days Before You Dig - 1-800-242-1776 - It's the Law! |
Pennsylvania One Call System, Inc. is a private non-profit Pennsylvania corporation whose purpose is to prevent damage to underground facilities and to promote safety with an efficient, cost effective communications network among designers, excavators and facility owners. For detailed information, visit their website.