UPDATED MAY 26, 2020
CKCOG to Resume Operations with Conditions on Tuesday, May 26th, 2020
Office will be staffed Monday – Friday 8:30-4:30
To support the first phases of reopening the economy, and to support our important construction industry and housing sector, the Central Keystone COG has developed the following plans for reopening operations.
Please check back frequently as changes to this plan of operations may occur.
The following practices apply to all CKCOG Operations:
- First and foremost, to protect the health and safety of our staff, families and the general public, the CKCOG staff will abide by all CDC and PA Dept of Health guidelines during work hours and in and on CKCOG property.
- Staff will follow CKCOG policies regarding staying home if they are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Field staff will be working remotely until further notice to minimize in-building staff exposure and only come into office when necessary.
- The general public will not enter the building until further notice, unless approved by COG staff.
- All meetings will be held by phone or by online meeting methods when possible.
Inspections can be scheduled by calling 570-522-1326 and leaving a message or by emailing email@example.com.
All construction, commercial and residential, must adhere to the guidelines issued by the Commonwealth on 4/20/2020 as linked here “PA Construction Industry Guidance“*.
Staff may still be contacted at the e-mail addresses shown on the STAFF page.
- Starting Tuesday, May 26, 2020 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30pm, the office will return to normal inspection scheduling with requests being made by phone. After hours leave message at 570 522-1326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule inspections.
- Applications and plan submittals may be dropped off at the front door of CKCOG office, during normal business hours or emailed to email@example.com.
- Building Permit applicants should complete “ Application for UCC Building Permit” and submit it to Permits@ckcog.com. Plans 11” x 17” or smaller can be emailed to that address as well.
- When the documents are ready for pick up, staff will contact the permit applicant by phone or email to let them know the final amount owed on the permit. Once payment is received the applicant will notified when the documents will be available for pickup or, if size permits, documents can be mailed.
- If the requirements set forth by the Commonwealth Guidelines for Construction are not being complied with, the inspector has the right to terminate the inspection. The inspector will notify the Director about the problem(s) at the site and the contact information for the site superintendent and the owner.
- Contractors shall notify the CKCOG within 24 hours of receiving notice of a positive COVID-19 test for any personnel on the site.
- Will be operating under current hours of operation. -Fri. 8:30-4:30.
- Applications can be dropped off during business hours or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org after hours.
- Zoning Permit applicants should complete “Zoning Permit Application” and submit to email@example.com . Plans 11” x 17” or smaller can be emailed to that address as well.
- NOTE: Your application must be COMPLETE (all 4 pages) and payment must be included if dropped off. An incomplete application will delay your permit or cause your application to be denied.
Property Maintenance/Rental Inspections
- Property maintenance department will be manned daily by one inspector on a rotating schedule during current hours of operation. -Fri. 8:30-4:30.
- Exterior Property maintenance complaints will be handled as usual. Complaints on the interior of occupied buildings will be conducted only after it is deemed safe to enter.
- All rental inspections, both Section 8 and public housing, will remain halted until it has been deemed safe to resume inspections. Note: New move-in inspections will only be conducted on unoccupied units.