UPDATED June 15, 2020
CKCOG to Resume Full Operations with Conditions on June 15th , 2020
Office will be staffed Monday – Friday 8:30-4:30
Please check back frequently as changes to this plan of operations may occur.
The following practices apply to all CKCOG Operations:
- First and foremost, to protect the health and safety of our staff, families and the general public, the CKCOG staff will abide by all CDC and PA Dept of Health guidelines during work hours and in and on CKCOG property. This includes the wearing of masks and the appropriate social distancing.
- Staff will follow CKCOG policies regarding staying home if they are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- All meetings should be held by phone or by online meeting methods when possible.
Inspections can be scheduled by calling 570-522-1326 and leaving a message or by emailing email@example.com.
All construction, commercial and residential, must adhere to the guidelines issued by the Commonwealth on 4/20/2020 as linked here “PA Construction Industry Guidance“*.
Staff may still be contacted at the e-mail addresses shown on the STAFF page.
- Starting Monday, June 15, 2020 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30pm, the office will return to normal inspection scheduling with requests being made by phone. After hours leave message at 570 522-1326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule inspections..
- Applications and plan submittals may be dropped off at the CKCOG office, during normal business hours or emailed to email@example.com.
- Building Permit applicants should complete “ Application for UCC Building Permit” and submit it to Permits@ckcog.com. Residential Plans 11” x 17” or smaller can be emailed to that address as well.
PLEASE NOTE: Commercial/Industrial construction still REQUIRES at least one “full-size” set of plans be submitted for review (24″ x 36″ minimum).
- When the documents are ready for pick up, staff will contact the permit applicant by phone or email to let them know the final amount owed on the permit. Once payment is received the applicant will notified when the documents will be available for pickup or, if size permits, documents can be mailed.
- If the requirements set forth by the Commonwealth Guidelines for Construction are not being complied with, the inspector has the right to terminate the inspection. The inspector will notify the Director about the problem(s) at the site and the contact information for the site superintendent and the owner.
- Contractors shall notify the CKCOG within 24 hours of receiving notice of a positive COVID-19 test for any personnel on the site.
- Will be operating under current hours of operation. -Fri. 8:30-4:30.
- Applications can be dropped off during business hours or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org after hours.
- Zoning Permit applicants should complete “Zoning Permit Application” and submit to email@example.com . Plans 11” x 17” or smaller can be emailed to that address as well.
- NOTE: Your application must be COMPLETE (all 4 pages) and payment must be included if dropped off. An incomplete application will delay your permit or cause your application to be denied.
Property Maintenance/Rental Inspections
- Rental inspections, both Section 8 and public housing, will resume on June 15th. If someone in the household becomes ill prior to a scheduled inspection, please contact the CKCOG immediately to reschedule.