When returning the Building Permit Application, the following items are required:
- A copy of the Sewage Permit (This applies if there is no existing on-lot system.) OR a receipt showing application has been made to hook onto or “tap-on” to public sewer.
Read more about water & sewer.
- A copy of the Zoning Permit. Not all townships have zoning at this time. Check with your township officials or this office if you do not know if your township has Zoning. Use our Zoning page to find the zoning requirements and contact information for your municipality.
- A Certificate of Insurance on your contractor. The state requires proof of workmen’s compensation on the contractor (if the contractor has employees) or a signed and notarized Workers’ Comp Exemption Form.
- A valid 911 street address for the actual project. This is obtained from your County GIS office or use the following links:
- 911 Union County Address Application
- Snyder County 911 Website
- 911 Northumberland Address Application
- 911 Lycoming County Address Application
- Centre County 911 Website
- For NEW HOMES ONLY – A copy of the “Manufactured Home Installers Certificate” for the person installing your home.
- A foundation or pier plan for your home. This should be provided by your home’s manufacturer. If you are installing a used home and do not have the manufacturer’s plans, please check the following links for:
- Manufactured Home Pier Placement Guide
- Manufactured Home Pier Details
- Manufactured Home Anchoring Details
- Manufactured Home Installation Guide
- Manufactured Housing Foundation Regulations
If your property is in a flood-way an, Elevation Certificate will be required as well as engineer stamped and sealed foundation plans.
Application and Plans Review: When you bring your plans into the office, the permit technician will check your application and plans submission for completeness and verify who is to be contacted when the Permit is ready to be issued.
Permit Issuance: The plan review usually takes less than a week, depending on the complexity and completeness of the plans submitted. We will contact you when the Permit is ready for pick-up and advise you of the Permit cost. Pennsylvania UCC states that Permits must be issued within 15 working days if not returned to the applicant for additional changes or information. (This time frame only applies if all required pre-construction approvals have been submitted with the Permit Application.)
Payment (Residential Building Permit Fees): Payment in full must be made before we can release the Permit or perform any inspections. There will be paperwork attached with your Permit explaining when inspections will be done during the construction of your residence. It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure all required inspections are completed and approved. No inspections can be performed until the Permit has been paid for in full.