Frequently Asked Questions

Residential – 2018 IRC

Commercial – 2018 IBC

2021 IBC Chapter 11 and Appendix E for Accessibility Standards (effective 1-1-2022), ICC A1171.1 (2017)

2018 IPC

2018 IMC

2017 NEC

2018 IECC

2018 IEBC

Centre County – Haines Township

Lycoming County – Anthony, Bastress, Limestone, Penn, Upper Fairfield & Susquehanna Townships, Jersey Shore and Montoursville Boroughs

Montour County – Anthony Township and Washingtonville Borough

Northumberland County – East Chillisquaque Township, McEwensville Borough

Perry County – Howe Township

Snyder County – All Snyder County Municipalities (EXCEPT Monroe Township)

Union County – ALL Union County Municipalities

Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry has the most up-to-date records on enforcement agencies. For more information visit PA Dept of Labor & Industry.

(Municipalities with an * require approval from Township Supervisors/Borough Council Members to investigate)

Lycoming County: Limestone & Susquehanna Townships; Jersey Shore* & Montoursville Boroughs

Montour County: Anthony Township & Washingtonville Borough

Northumberland County: East Chillisquaque* Township

Snyder County: Jackson*, Center* & Perry Townships, Beavertown*, Freeburg*, McClure*, New Berlin*, Selinsgrove* & Shamokin Dam* Boroughs

Union County: Buffalo*, East Buffalo, Gregg, Hartley*, Lewis, and White Deer Townships; Hartleton, Lewisburg, New Berlin & Mifflinburg* Boroughs

Please contact your local municipality if you are looking for property maintenance enforcement in an area not listed above.

Lycoming County – Montoursville Borough, Upper Fairfield Township

Northumberland County East Chillisquaque Township

Perry County Howe Township

Union  County – Lewisburg & Mifflinburg Boroughs, Kelly, West Buffalo, & White Deer Townships

Please click “here” to see contact information for all other municipalities.

Work must begin within 6 months and be completed in 2 years. Six-month extensions can be requested in writing prior to the expiration date.  It is the responsibility of the Permit holder to contact this office for all required inspections, including a final Occupancy Inspection.